Petersona Patents was the first patent agency in Latvia specializing exclusively in Intellectual Property Law litigation and we are recognized for our expertise in trade mark, patent, design and copyright law. Our Intellectual property ltigation professionals provide advice and representation in all matters relating to the enforcement of patents, trade marks, copyrights, designs, trade secrets and other rights.
We provide a full range of litigation services before the civil, administrative and criminal courts at both trial and appeal levels in all areas of intellectual property law, including:
- Patent, trade mark, industrial design infringement actions
- Trade mark non-use or revocation actions
- Actions related to copyright infringement disputes
- Appeals from decisions of the Latvian Patent Office, including patent, trade mark and design opposition proceedings
- Anti-competitive (unfair competition) and restrictive trade practices
- Domain name disputes
- Mediation in negotiation processes
- Contract, license and franchise disputes
- Disputes related with advertising and marketing
- Customs seizure management and issuing proceedings
We act for a large number of local and international companies across a broad range of industries, including information technology, pharmaceuticals, telecommunication, biotechnology and consumer products. We have achieved an excellent reputation in the enforcement of IP rights and have acted in some of the most keenly contested IP cases in Latvia.